Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Garden.........attempt number two

About the garden............
I wasn't too sure on how to water things are so different here when it comes to weather and the amount of moisture in the air. A guy at work said I needed to water it everyday. “Really,” I say because when I first moved here I killed EVERYTHING I planted because I drowned them. “Look at the farmers,” he says “they have their sprinklers going everyday.” This is true. So every day, I swear, I would sprinkle them with my hose. Well the water just kind of beads up and didn’t really seem to soak in because the soil here is so sandy and we planted the plants on little mounds. Well lets just say my little garden was NOT flourishing. My Mom and Dad came out last weekend. Both were so excited to see how the garden was doing. My dad took one look at it stuck his finger in the soil and says, “KATIE they’re burning up give these things some water!” So there was a couple tomato plant causalities but the rest were saved and planted differently so they could reach the water better. It is true the farmers run they’re sprinklers everyday but for hours not just a couple minutes…..OOPS, everything get a second chance right., Katie’s try at being a green thumb take two!



I will continue to update as it grows......no more casualties!!!

2 comments:

sara said...

oops. :) It looks so good! Do keep us updated!!! I'm gonna try my hand at a few things this year!!! Yay!

Marilyn said...

Katie...your garden has a twin in Flagstaff now..it is not identical..it is fraternal...but it looks very similar to yours...I would love to post some of the pictures I sent you on your phone...but I don't know how to email pics from my phone...do you?d